April 27, 2012

Sharing Our Stories--JENNIFER AMADOR

I got the lucky privilege of chatting with Ms. Amador about her "Get Up And Move Journey". I'm going to write this interview style baby, since she's a celebrity and all. :)

Here's the skinny (like my pun? LOL)--Jennifer's results as of 4/25/2012:

Weight loss: 40 freaking pounds, so awesome!
Overall inches: 19
Down 3 pant sizes. Wow!


Check out these pics! What an amazing difference and look at that smile. :)



Q: What was your motivation?
A: My mother who passed away at 56 with colon cancer. That's WAY too young and I want to be here for my family way longer than that and not just be here, but healthy and active too!

Q: What were some of the top reasons you have been so successful?

A:
1. Everyone has a competitive side in them to some degree and I love a good competition, so that was very helpful.
2. The support of others.
3. Telling everyone around me I was doing this, so it held me more accountable.
4. Being diligent. I've had quite a few treats around me and I really haven't cheated. I love french fries for example, and I haven't eaten them ONCE since we've been doing this!
5. Changed eating habits. I'm eating smaller portions more often, this was key and more veggies in general. I still enjoy the food I eat.
6. Variety in exercise. I've done Zumba, spin, elliptical, weights, jump roping and more.
7. Changed what food I have in the house.
8. Gym 6 days a week.

What I loved most about our conversation is that she was having fun doing it. She was like, "Yeah it's hard, but it's not been nearly as hard as I thought it would be and I'm having fun."

Q: What is one of your favorite new meals?

A: Turkey Lettuce Wraps: Turkey burger, peanuts, soy sauce etc. wrapped in lettuce

In case you don't already know this about Jennifer, she has her fingers in about 100 pies and somehow has managed to continue to be one of the top weight-loss contenders this entire contest, all the while juggling a busy full-time job and a myriad of volunteer, leadership events both with church, school and more! Makes me realize, I NEVER have a good enough excuse to say I don't have time to fit it in.

It's amazing what we mere humans can do when we put our minds to it! Jennifer is a great example of true resolve. She said she was going to do this, and by damn, she did it with fervor. She's a great example to all of us about going after a task with intensity and drive and in turn seeing great results!

Congrats Jen, you deserve every pound you've lost! :)

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, you are such an example of optimism and discipline. You are so happy to be changing your lifestyle, I love it. You have motivated me even more after reading this post! I am not going to have french fries anymore either! I am wishing I had read this yesterday....:) Anyway, I am so happy for you and wish you much more success in this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Aimee, and your smile in the after pics tell the story! I LOVE it. I'm so glad I got to write this up for you. It was inspirational for me too!

    ReplyDelete